Monday, February 2, 2009

"ROGER THAT"

The infamous "Top Secret location" notice how Travis is running to get in the van.


These two are the Bridge and tunnel, notice the pic to the right, you can tell when the bridge stops and the tunnel begins, I think this is for the all the ship coming departing and coming in.








































































Mike is still the same, remember Ninjas-MIKE?


























Mike, Jenn, me, and Travis. (my hair is a little crazy)















































With all the time on my hands, I decided to go and visit a friend who is in the army in Virginia Beach. He is in the music section of the army and is getting ready to graduate this coming up Friday. My friend Jenn went with me, we drove down on Friday night, got there late and camce back last night-Sunday. It was an adventure, to avoid traffic in the Baltimore and D.C. areas, we drove down the Delmarva Peninsula. Delmarva-Deleware, Maryland, and Virginia. It's on the eastern shores of the CHesepeake Bay. It was long-only because it was late and dark, we got to the southern tip which takes you to the Chesepeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Not let me tell you about this, it is what connects the peninsula to Virginia Beach, it is really long-I think 7 miles. At night it was extremely scarry for me, I started getting anxious and couldn't WAIT to get off. In the day a much different story. It was really cool, still really long.
One more thing, my camera's battery died and Jenn forgot hers, so we bought disposable ones, we used them on Sat. and mine on Sunday, so the pics of Sat, will go up when we get finished with the cameras and I get them developed, I hope they turn out.
















We also had the oppurtunity to go to Williamsburg, which was only 46 miles from the base we were at, we got there late and missed all the action. The old Williamsburg is one of the first settlements, so they bring the town to life, its a reenactment of when they first settled.

















Our friend Mike who use to live in Jersey is one of the main reasons we went and so it was fun to see him in his surroundings on base and off, he has changed for the most part, looks a little different, but also is more confident in himself. His changes are for the good. He also had a close friend who hung out with us-Travis, who has been in the army for four years longer than Mike. In the army you are not allowed to spend time with a solder who is younger than you otherwise it is fratinizing, so in order to hang out with him we had a "TOP SECRET" location to pick him up and drop him off. (THE LIBRARY, or the trash dumpsters behind the library). Talk about histerical. You will see the pics. Overall this was a great trip and we congratulate Travis and Mike for the work and service they do for our country and wish them the best of luck in Texas and Korea.

















It was a weird feeling to be on base..completely different lifestyle, not sure if I could do it, so many rules and no way would I be getting up at 5 a.m. everyday to do physical training. I don't like being told what to do, but let me tell you that I would love most males to go through basic training, I cannot tell you how awesome it was to have them say yes, mam, no mam. I wanted to bring them home with me, they were so respectful and kind.

















3 comments:

Maeg said...

THanks for sharing the pics! I really appreciate it! I miss you guys and it looks like a blast! Mike looks so grown up and you and this Travis guy....whats the deal??? Love ya!

Maeg said...

lol...awesome! How long will he be there for? Yosemite is about 2-3 hrs from me depending on which part of the park you want to get to.....Im excited to see you! Also when you come out in march I am not sure if I will be able to make it all the way to SF but maybe we could meet somewhere???? I will do everything I can just so I can see you soon! I miss you!

Rory and Katie McDonald said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. And who's the cute guy?