Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time Out For Women






This weekend I went to Philladelphia to a womens conference that Deseret Book put on. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I went with a lady from my ward Danielle Jenson. I drove down and she booked the hotel. We stayed in the Alexandria B&B, it was about 7 blocks down from the conference center. We heard different speakers and heard music from Hillary Weeks. The speakers were from all over, they included Douglas E. Brinley-professor of Church history at BYU, Jane Clayson Johnson-anchor of the CBS morning show, Carolyn J. Rasmas-general board of Sunday school, Chris Stewart-best seller and world record setting Air Force pilot, Emily Watts-senior editor of Deseret Book and author. Hilary Weeks was phonemenal...I have never heard her music and now I am a fan. She was basically the one in charge of the program, she sang and gave us words of inspiration. Overall this was a fantastic weekend. Not only was this women's conference going on, but in the same center there was a fairy conference. Not fairy as in Gay, but girls/women dressing up as fairies, hair colored. It was also the Coming Out weekend all over the city..plus Barrack Obama, and Sarah Pallen were there campaigning.

Hope you enjoy the pics, they are from the Show, there are also friends that I saw there from Jersey.

P.s. THe Phillies also won their first game of the baseball series.

1 comment:

Maeg said...

I went to this last year when they were here in Fresno! We had so much fun! I am glad you got to go!PS>...yes she is still my roomate...I am not looking forward to the day she claims retribution though!