
CONVOCATION...notice the dog...he is so jealous and wants to be right next to me...my friend SLAVA,, Kaitlyn, and of course Claire.





This is after the commencement...we were able to get a few pics before everyone had to leave..Thanks you guyz....Victor, Malola, baby Andresw, Beth and Bob.




I am the one with the Green backpack..luckily I had it, otherwise it would have been really hard to pick me out. It just so happend that where I was sitting was on the end right above where all my fanz were sitting.





I did it...I can't believe it...it was so exciting. I went to convocation and commencement. The difference between these two are Convacation is just graduates from my dept. Commencement is all of MSU grads...and it was at the IZOD centere in New Jersey. Convocation was Monday, May 17th and I only had two tickets to that, well two tickets to get into the auditorium to watch the graduation on a huge movie screen...My graduation was outside and really nice, it was chilly, but fun...it only lasted an hour. I took pics before I left with my neighbors, friends and family here. I had people in and out just for pics...it was great fun, especially with the dog Dingus who kept running in and out to get his ball or have someone throw it. Then what I did since my camera my sister gave to me a few years ago broke I barrowed Sarah's and had to figure out how to get someone to take pics of me and then whole ceremony since my friends were inside. Well, let me tell you how happy I was when we were walking into the amphitheater and I saw one of my friends who is a counselor at MSU, I handed it to her and asked her if she would be my family and take pictures. How blessed was I...so much because she was at stage level and took pics of the ceremony as well as the graduates and even got me as I walked across the stage...it was great...and so lucky.
The commencement was today-Friday, May 22. I had great friends and family to share it with, all four of the Sharbaughs, Malola and Victor and her son Andrew, Miranda, Brent, and Emma who is Sarah's friend and a friend of the families. The ceremony was longer here, there were 3,196 graduates, (997) Educators graduated..it was fun. One of the speakers was Corey Booker, the mayor or Newark, NJ, he was phenominal, histerical and HOT! He asked if we were "going to accept conditions as they are or will we stand up for what we believe to be heard/seen. Demand change. Make positive choices and make dramatic change. Love = Action, be of service". Actually those who spoke talked about our roots and told us to serve as they had. Can't wait to celebrate with you guys Sat, July 25th. I am putting the commencement pics first and then the convocation later. Since I have four people taking pics, they will come to me at different stages. So here goes...
The commencement was today-Friday, May 22. I had great friends and family to share it with, all four of the Sharbaughs, Malola and Victor and her son Andrew, Miranda, Brent, and Emma who is Sarah's friend and a friend of the families. The ceremony was longer here, there were 3,196 graduates, (997) Educators graduated..it was fun. One of the speakers was Corey Booker, the mayor or Newark, NJ, he was phenominal, histerical and HOT! He asked if we were "going to accept conditions as they are or will we stand up for what we believe to be heard/seen. Demand change. Make positive choices and make dramatic change. Love = Action, be of service". Actually those who spoke talked about our roots and told us to serve as they had. Can't wait to celebrate with you guys Sat, July 25th. I am putting the commencement pics first and then the convocation later. Since I have four people taking pics, they will come to me at different stages. So here goes...
4 comments:
Wow!!! Rilee I am so excited for you!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know you went through a lot of ridiculous hoops but it's finally over and now you don't have to ever go back...unless of course you want to....P.s. I love the pics!!!
I am so excited for you Rilee! Congratulations!
congratulations RiLee that is awesome
Hey Hey!!!
Congrats. You made it. We are so excited to come out and celabrate with you! Thanks for inviting us...we're counting down the days.
Post a Comment