Monday, September 15, 2008

Camping...what an experience

I went with 5 of my friends to Highpoint State Park a couple months ago. THe highest place in N.J. IT was such a beautiful site, we were right on a lake, but we couldn't swim on it. We were able to hike part of the Appalachian trail..and no we did not see any bears. But we did get in trouble with the forrest wardens. We ended up having our coolers next to the camp site when clearly the rules we were given stated to leave ALL food in the car...boy did we learn
The best part of the trip was the HUGE thunderstorm we had. It poored for about 20 minutes with really high winds that almost took our tent away,-Thank goodness for Tracey, Brent and I who gave our lives up to run and sit inside and outside of the tent. We were SOAKED! It was CRAZY!!!
We hope to go again, somewhere else

1 comment:

Mary said...

Jenny Jump is a place in Hope, NJ I believe that sounds pretty good...and only $10 I think! I found the best book: The best of tent camping: NJ It goes through all the sites, how to reserve, costs, maps, sites ratings and any great or bad things to take note of. I was sad when I had to return it to the library, but I think I'll buy it before the next season!