Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Andrews blessing






My friend Malola named her baby Andrew. She decided to have the baby blessed at a Pentalcostal church in Jamaica , Queens. She had never been to this church, but her aunt goes to this church. Let me tell you, without the fake GARMEN we would have been so lost...we were late getting to the church service which lasted about 5 hours and this little building was packed to the rim with people. They had little a.c. on an extremely hot, humid day. What impressed me was that everyone was dressed in white from head to toe. Men wore mostly long sleeve white suits-CALL ME Crazy...but why not short sleeve? Anyways it was an intersting time, and Yes as you can see my three friends and I were not the majority.

Malolas family and friends were very hospitable to us. Dinner was mostly Carribean, Rotti, Goats head soup...mind you remember it is a steamen hot day,

Rice and beans, lots of different food, but so yummy.


(I skipped out on the soup-you decide why)

I have to add though before I forget that before we get to the service Malola calls and says that she is apologizing now because it was a really hot and loud church. We got to listen to how the Pentacostals worship on Sundays. I am glad that I am Mormon and get to sit in an air conditioned quieter meeting, one in which I can understand.

4 comments:

Maeg said...

RiLee! I am so glad you posted pics and info about the blessing! I forgot to ask how it was! Tell Malola I say "hi" also I am glad you figured out this whole blog thing....I can't wait to read more!

RiLee said...

got it....hopefully I will figure some more cool things out.

Shandis said...

Why are you and Malola in different outfits? and who is the other white dude??

clewisfrancis said...

OMG RiLee, you are truly a great friend. I don't know if I would have done that...matter of fact...I would not have done that. I would have to leave early and meet them at dinner. Another thing as a person of Carribbean descent, I just have to tell you its ROTI. Can you tell incorrect spelling urks me! LOL. Did the soup have an actual head in it or did they say they used the head. Either way I wasn't having any either and you know I will try any food.
Sounds like you had an Andrew Zimmerman experience and passed it up Ri! LOL LOL LOL